Thursday, August 4, 2011

Outdoor Light Fixtures

I was really starting to feel like I was not going to find any outdoor light fixtures that I really liked.  I even saved a search on ebay for the Restoration Hardware "Hopper" light fixture currently on the yellow house's front door.

I really love the rejuvenation.com website for period fixtures but unfortunately my budget does not have room for super expensive fixtures no matter how pretty and perfect.

After searching around in the wrong area I found the fixtures on the left.  This is the description for the wall fixture:

A fine Cottage-style porch light, evoking images of Hansel and Gretel's discovery of the little gingerbread house in the woods.


Luckily, you don't have to live behind sugar pane windows or under a cake-tiled roof to use it.


Completely perfect, right?  But at $335 for the wall fixture and $330 for the even cuter ceiling fixture there was no way.  No way.  Hands off the keyboard, no way.

So my quest continued.

Then finally on Bellacor I found the "whimsical" section and there were the light fixtures on the right for $68 for the wall and $73 for the ceiling fixture.  And they came in black.  Super bonus.