Wednesday, July 11, 2012

I'm supposed to feel pretty here...

I was sitting in front of a full length mirror today waiting for my hair dresser to mix my hair color and I couldn't get away from looking at my body. Oh sure everyone looks bad sitting down in front of a full length mirror and I could even try to explain away my double chin by thinking it was a poor angle. But the thing I couldn't get away from, the thing I couldn't explain away are my ankles. I think I could almost learn to love myself being so overweight if not for my ankles.  And I had broken every rule. I removed my toenail polish last night and even cut my nails a little too short. I was wearing flip-flops, why oh why. I had a dress that was a tad too short. I was miserably uncomfortable in this chair I would be in for three full hours today, a dentist's chair is better than this. And my ankles, non-existent, wide, stretched, it was so wrong. When I look down on them they don't seem so bad, since they angle down, I suppose. I hate that this is a hate letter to myself but really, what the fuck Lori?