Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Halloween Invitations

I'm usually really bad at posting this kind of stuff and it's one of the things I'm working on.  I'm planning a Halloween dinner party this year and I'd love to share my planning and how it all turns out.

First up invitations.  Paper-source.com is my go to source for all of my DIY invitations.  Their paper and color choices are impeccable.  I can't find anything like that local here and even though they are a little pricey I seem to give in with every event, I just love them.


Halloween Invitations



I went with a smaller A2 note card and envelope, for the Oscar party I go a little bigger because I want them to look more substantial.  The poppy color is so beautiful.  I almost went all black, I'm so glad I didn't. 

And here's how my invitations turned out.  I typed them up in word and added bat clip art and a little florish, it took way longer than it looks like it did. I removed all our personal information for this demonstration, that's why it looks weird.  I printed them on white card stock and cut them just smaller than the note card so you see a black border, attached them with a glue stick.  Then I stamped the envelope with my new bat stamp (we're going with a bat theme this year).