Monday, October 1, 2012

Home

I just spent four days on vacation and when I got home and we opened the door this wave of emotion hit me.  The room and the whole house pretty much hugged me and everything felt right in the world.

I've been thinking a lot about returning here lately and why I want to do that and what I hope to accomplish.  Since leaving this blog and my second blog I've never really felt at home when I came to write and share on the internet.  I think part of it was because I felt like I had to leave, like the house (being the blog) was virtually on fire and it was time to scram.  I never wanted to leave but I had to and I missed it ever since.  I tried new blogs, anonymous, always moving, always trying to feel at home but I never did.

Maybe if I come back here, maybe things will fall into place and blogging will be a happy place for me again.

I think coming here though, dusting off Tales from the Bathroom Scale and assuming the identity of "Diet Chick" has some responsibility and I think that is a good thing.  Multiple factors have brought me to a weight I'm not happy with and I want to change that.

I'm not going hard core 1200 calories and working out 5 days a week, maybe that will come, but for now I want to make better choices, I want to do more activities, like swimming.  I want to become more aware of my eating, why I eat the way I do and how to be more aware of triggers and options available besides chocolate when those bad days hit.  I also really want to be more involved in sharing what I know and can find out about plus size clothes.  I wish more folks would do this.  Clothes shopping and looking cute in general is so difficult being plus size and I'm really trying to make an effort in that department.  I'm also on a budget so whatever I share you can do as well.

And finally I've always loved sharing my life on the internet and will continue to do so.  I've been married for seven years (in seven days) and I love being married and I love my husband to pieces.  We also have 5 cats, I know, it's crazy town, and each cat has his own story of how he ended up making us crazy cat people.  I love to decorate my house and share my house.  I love to plan parties and decorate and design menus and invitations (Halloween dinner party is coming up).

I feel like this will be a place where I will share my daily life and interject my weight loss story along the way.  Please tune in, tell your friends.

I'm back.