Friday, October 19, 2012

It's All in the Details

I was watching Property Brothers on DVR today and I saw the cutest remodel.  Usually they are more catered to masculine finishes so this one was refreshing for girlie tastes like myself.

One thing that really struck me were the blinds they used through out the house but especially in the dining room where they used a yellow trim down the front of the blinds.  I really like it.







Our house isn't fair from the sidewalk and is even closer to our next door neighbor's porch.  In the other rooms I've been layering curtains with sheers but the living room requires something more substantial.  Right now we keep the curtains closed but I don't like the look, I like when the curtains are open.  I think having blinds with this ribbon trim detail would be perfect for the living room.  I usually don't like blinds but I like the way they look here.  Only four windows in that room, no problem at all.