Monday, December 3, 2012

Christmas Party Invitation

Scanning this invitation was almost as difficult as designing it. If it looks sloppy, I apologize. I'd work even longer, scan it for the 50th time but frankly I'm sick of doing it, it obviously doesn't want to be scanned. I even Photoshopped a smudge, I'm that lazy.


As usual, I bought my paper supplies from Paper-Source.com, which I just adore. I knew I wanted green and I had used Chartreuse before (which incidentally is very pretty), I wanted a darker green, like an emerald or even more like moss. When it arrived it was kind of a dull green but it's been growing on me. I wanted to dress up the dullish envelopes so I used a Christmas stamp from Michael's (40% off coupon) of a giant deer. It's really pretty and I wanted it to look glittery so I bought this platinum colored stamp ink and it's the color I wanted since apparently I can't buy actual glitter stamp ink and I'm not about to try my hand at embossing (crazytown). This ink never dries. It smudges so easy and the deer stamp has some pretty details. I know my husband is going to wreck them before they get to the intended invitees.

I also weighed myself today for those keeping track. I'm the exact same weight. I'm sort of being half-assed but I'm not exactly going crazy either. I need to count my calories, to tell you the truth I don't want to gain weight, but I'm just not into dieting right now. I try to think of what to eat to do the right thing and I can't think of anything, I go back to the same old stuff and it's so boring. I still just want to eat normally but eat less. I have to figure out how to do that without feeling like I'm starving all the time. Also, I really want to bake cookies. It feels pretty lame to not be able to. But I also want to fit into my Christmas dress.

Priorities...