Monday, April 8, 2013

Here I Go Again...

I got a fitbit over the weekend, thanks to a special friend, and used it for two days, Brian made sure we increased the total from Saturday to Sunday (he's OCD with numbers and goals like that).  And the thing is, why would I make such an effort to increase my walking if I'm just going to eat away any benefit?

I was using Lose it last year and I really liked it but I guess My Fitness Pal links with my fitbit so I'm going to give it a try.

My first day using my fitbit I logged in 5551 steps.  That was with 2 walks!  So apparently I don't take long enough walks.

The second day I logged 6058.  That day we made a point to drive to a walking trail with a 1.3 mile loop.  We also walked to breakfast (six blocks) and walked around Costco.  Heck, Costco gave me like 1000 steps.  So 10,000 steps isn't all that easy.  Even so, it's kind of fun to beat my steps and see what each activity does.  We often walk the mall when it gets hot or rainy and I'm curious how long that is.

I don't know if this will work, I'm really quite frustrated with my weight and lack of control, not even being able to maintain.  But right now I'm in a happy place about this new toy so I'm just going to go with it and see where it takes me.