Monday, November 18, 2013

Dear Readers...

Hey Guys,

I need your help again.  You were awesome with the car seat ideas and I found one that I want but I don't know when we are supposed to buy it so it's on the backburner.

I'm worried someone is going to drop a kid off at my house and they won't have anything to do.  I have a few books and stuffed animals, but I was thinking more along the lines of toys.  In my wildest dreams all the toys would be soothing colors and made from wood but I know that's not going to happen.  So think back or think about what currently works for you and what toys would be good for kids ranging 0-2, especially the 1-2 range.

Do they even color?  I bought a set of crayons and now I'm thinking they would be too young for coloring.  Play doh?  I want long term toys, preferable interchangeable like when I was a kid I could play with my little people in various ways not just one thing.  So little people farmers could also fly a plane sort of thing.  I like that idea, especially in the beginning until I see what they really like.

Pretty items like stackable wood rings that can be displayed you get bonus points.  Also nostalgia toys that I remember like little people and Mr. Potato head, bonus points.

Points will be deducted for any "character toys," Sponge Bob and whatnot.

Also just for fun, favorite books if you have any.

And, go!